Are more school places and healthcare facilities planned?
Are any improvements planned to the surrounding road network?
Yes, there are plans for making high-quality, safe and attractive routes available. This includes cyclist, pedestrian and equestrian routes delivered throughout Halsnead Garden Village.
Knowsley Council has delivered walking, cycling and environmental improvements along Pennywood Drive as part of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Sustainable Transport Enhancements Package (STEP), improving connectivity to Whiston train station.
In 2019, Knowsley Council secured £12m funding from the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to deliver significant transport infrastructure improvements. This will ensure adequate capacity and resilience in the surrounding highways network, improving access to Halsnead Garden Village and the wider Liverpool City Region.
The following highway improvements have now been completed:
- Fox’s Bank Lane/Cronton Road – signalisation works and road widening.
- Lickers Lane/Fox’s Bank Lane – signalisation works, footway improvements and vegetation removal.
- Stoney Lane/ Cumber Lane – signalisation works.
- Stoney Lane/Dragon Lane – carriageway widening and creating a new right turn.
- Windy Arbor Road/Greene’s Road – reconfiguration of existing signalised junction.
- Lickers Lane/Windy Arbor Road – carriageway widening and signalisation.
- M62 Junction 6 Tarbock Island – carriageway and bridge widening on Windy Arbor Road
Are any improvements planned to the green spaces and local facilities?
Green infrastructure, including a country park, accessible woodlands and parks, play areas and playing fields, will be the hallmark of Halsnead Garden Village.
A well-connected blue and green infrastructure network will bring a wide variety of benefits to the new and existing community, including ecology and biodiversity, drainage, recreation, health, connectivity and sustainability. These facilities will be available to new and existing residents. See our green space page for more information.
I am interested in buying a new home, how can I find out more information?
Contact the developers directly if you are interested in buying or registering your interest in a new home at Halsnead Garden Village. You can find a link to the respective developers here.
Halsnead Garden Village
You can find more useful information about living in Halsnead Garden Village, such as where to find schools and doctors surgeries.
For information about services available to Knowsley residents, such as ordering a replacement bin, please visit the Knowsley Council website.